nostalgia for england

After the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this past weekend and waking up to a rainy morning, I decided I want to do an England-inspired post!

My boyfriend is from England (complete with the accent and insatiable taste for tea). His family still lives over there, and we have been over to visit them a few times. It's a beautiful country--his family's home looks right out onto a sheep farm, which is about as English as it gets. The first time I went it was April and the baby sheep were out and about, chasing each other and bleating for their little sheep mommies. Here's the view:

Just looking at this picture makes me miss it! 

I put together an outfit with a few things I've picked up or been given over the years from England including a floral scarf from Topshop and a pearl bracelet and earrings from Laura Ashley. I like to buy a piece of clothing or jewelry everywhere I go. When I wear it, I'm reminded of the fun trips I've gone on and places I've visited. It's such a good feeling!





Click here to hype this look on Lookbook!
Scarf: Topshop (similar here and here). Tank top: Nordstrom. Cardigan: Coldwater Creek (yes, I'm an old lady). Skirt: H&M (similar here). Tights: Primark probably? Shoes: Bloch. Bracelets: Vintage pearl necklace, newer pearl necklace, Laura Ashley (similar here). Earrings: Laura Ashley (similar here).

Thanks to the talented Ashley Parrish of Parrish Photography for the wonderful photos!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week! 

Gina xoxo

Comments

  1. AnonymousJune 07, 2012

    Lovely outfit. Very polished. I really like the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit!

    We'd love for you to check out our blog, and follow if your like it :)
    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!!

    Ps. Definitely following you! =) Would love it if you could do the same. <3 <3

    xoxo
    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support ladiesss! Will def be following you via Bloglovin'--be sure to follow me too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 07, 2012

    Love the scarf!

    Please enter my Swarovski pen giveaway on www.luxessed.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scarf!




    Stop by!
    hereaway.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/XtiffanychenX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog,i am your new follower,wanna follow eachother so we could keep in touch?:D
    Kisses and Hugs!

    http://countryoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute scarf! i love your hair here too!
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.gr/
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So chic! I absolutely love your outfit :)

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
  10. eep how lucky are you to have a brit boy! love your look here, gorgeous snapshots :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandparents are from England and we have lots of relatives there. I love how you associate different articles of clothing with travel...and concur about the Diamond Jubilee celebrations giving you nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts